Re: i wonder if i can squeeze lemon outta my brakes

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 08:36:55 EDT

On April 7, Dester243@aol.com wrote:
<<...is this a warranty item or am i basically screwed?
  ... would i need two brand new rotors?

Dester

Brake warranty is for the 1st year or 20,000 mi.

If the rotor can be turned, then both will have to
done. If you have to get new rotors, I'd suggest
that you go aftermarket. A mechanic who worked for
D-C said that the metal that D-C uses isn't of a
very high quality (one rotor on my '96 Grand Caravan
ES was badly grooved on the inboard side just after
the 1st year).

I went to Midas who replaced both rotors and I had
them put in Carbon Metallic pads. Great pads ...
improved braking and less brake dust. It's been
about 2 years since then and everything is still aok.

Hope this helps.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto.