i wonder if i can squeeze lemon outta my brakes

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 23:09:52 EDT

Darn. the greatest thing happened today. beginning of the day, i hear a
slight faint squeel from the right side of the truck. around 4:00 it got
worse. at precisely 730 it was so loud, i knew it was definantly the
brakes, i took the wheel off and whoola! one fried rotor (the inside has
about 4 wedges in it) it was too hot for me to kinda dust it off and see,
but many... anyways. i am starting to get mad at all the repairs MY trucks
has needed. is this a warranty item or am i basically screwed? also, if they
(or maybe I probably) replace it. would i need two brand new rotors? if
they can't resurface the old ones? since it wouldn't be even if one was
kinda used and one was new like tires?
-Dester