Re: Intro

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 18:16:43 EDT

Dieing truck...

My '91 did this, and it was the 'hall effect'
pickup in the distributor. Cost me about $150
installed at the dealer.

Symptoms:

Truck was running 65 mph on the fwy, no problems,
then it died like I turned off the key.
It would turn over and over then eventually
fire right up... Get back on the fwy and about
3/4 mile later it died again... After about an
hour of doing this I finally got to my exit,
and let the car cool for 1 hour... Then it started
up great, drove it about 3 miles (figured it
was bad gas or a clocked fuel filter)... to a
friend's house and it died again in his driveway.
We couldn't figure it out... Had it towed to the
dealer. Apparently it will generate a few trouble
codes when this happens (this was before I knew about
the check engine codes trick).

Let me know if you don't know how to check the codes.

Sam '99 RT x 2