Re: 8" cone?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 23:10:09 EDT

At 01:02 PM 4/8/99 , you wrote:
>So would most people agree or say yes, that the 8" cone filter is the better
>setup? More air = more power.....plus you can route the tube near the front
>of the truck getting cooler air. I think I'm on my way to pick up an 8"
>cone if there's no other opinions on the matter. Thanks!

  One thing to keep in mind is the size of the tube itself. Picture a
2,000cfm cone at the end of a drinking straw. The extra surface area won't
do you a bit of good if you can't get it to the engine at that rate. I
have no idea if this is actually a problem or not, but its one less thing
that I have to worry about with my open element. It might be getting warm
air, but at least I know its an unrestricted path from the filter to the
TB. (Actually, it isn't warm air due to the ram-air hood...) :-)

                                               -Jon-