Re: Brake Caliper? (sorry,long post)

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 01:47:55 EDT

Does it seem strange to you that MY FRONT PASSENGER caliper also locked up
causing a grooved rotor and the inner brake pad to completely wear out?
lucky for me, the nice guy at this new dealer i'm going to gave me a free
rotor...
-Dester

Team Tires plus wanted to sell me 2) new rotors 2) new calipers 2) new pads
cost around 500 (his estimate).
  went to dodge and now it works perfectly for 185.11

<< Yesterday my right front brake caliper started to hang up causing the
truck
 to pull to the right a bit. When I stopped and got out I could touch the
left
 wheel and feel it was warm but, the right wheel was hot!!! I jacked the
front
 up and I could barely rotate the tire by hand. I then pulled the wheel off
 and confirmed that the pads were clamped tight to the rotor. I went to call
 the dealer to see if I should have it towed in and was told to try to drive
 it in. It seemed to loosen up a bit as it cooled so I drove it in. It sat
 over night at the dealer and by the time they looked at it they said that
 everything looked OK but they said they thought I should let them put on TWO
 new rotors and pads at a cost of over $400.00 (not covered by warranty,
 normal "wear" items). I told them NOT to replace anything that was still
 within specs. Then they tried to tell me that the rear brakes needed to be
 adjusted (another $25.00, I've been in the auto parts bus. for 15 yrs.,
 didn't know you needed to adjust self adjusting rear brakes???) Well,
 Anderson Dodge In Rockford ILL. will NOT see my truck again!!! Thanks for
 letting me vent my anger.
 Mike R.
 '97 CC Sport 4X4 V8
 Rockford ILL.