Brake Caliper? (sorry,long post)

From: BlakDak97@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 00:06:10 EDT

Yesterday my right front brake caliper started to hang up causing the truck
to pull to the right a bit. When I stopped and got out I could touch the left
wheel and feel it was warm but, the right wheel was hot!!! I jacked the front
up and I could barely rotate the tire by hand. I then pulled the wheel off
and confirmed that the pads were clamped tight to the rotor. I went to call
the dealer to see if I should have it towed in and was told to try to drive
it in. It seemed to loosen up a bit as it cooled so I drove it in. It sat
over night at the dealer and by the time they looked at it they said that
everything looked OK but they said they thought I should let them put on TWO
new rotors and pads at a cost of over $400.00 (not covered by warranty,
normal "wear" items). I told them NOT to replace anything that was still
within specs. Then they tried to tell me that the rear brakes needed to be
adjusted (another $25.00, I've been in the auto parts bus. for 15 yrs.,
didn't know you needed to adjust self adjusting rear brakes???) Well,
Anderson Dodge In Rockford ILL. will NOT see my truck again!!! Thanks for
letting me vent my anger.
Mike R.
'97 CC Sport 4X4 V8
Rockford ILL.