Re: 1/4 mi. Opinions Wanted.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 09:31:37 EDT

>>...I dunno if that helps at all...

Thanks, Jon. It certainly does ... a lot.

>>When I used Bill's drag radials, I found that
>>I couldn't keep them spinning long enough; they'd
>>hook up and launch my truck forward without really
>>getting as sticky as they should be.

You just can't find this type of info. about the
BRG drag radials anywhere except from someone who
has actually run them on a Dakota. I had not
even thought of a line lock.

>>if it helps at all, I can give you the list of
>>stuff on my truck when I hit 14.98

This list gives me a concrete framework from which to
factor in those variables that are unique to my truck...
something that I would had to do by trial and error
and, I'm sure, added expense.

All the info. that I've received makes me more
confident my goal is realistic and achieveable with
what I have in mind.

I had already bought the drag radials and two rims just
before I first posted. I plan to go back to Cayuga on
the 18th and/or 25th.

>>I do plan to do the cam and valvetrain someday.
>>(I might just wait until I decide to install a 360
>>though, I'm not sure.)

I'll keep you and other interested DMLers abreast as
I add and baseline the mods. Maybe there'll be some
usefull info. to you and others.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto.