Disc Brake Stud Replacement...

From: Roderic Vaughan (rodeaux@CWIX.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 15:59:13 EDT

You Wrote:

Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 12:48:06 -0500
From: "Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian" <leefam@wcc.net>
Subject: DML: Disc Brake Stud Replacement...

Alrighty...I finally got the longer MP studs in. This way way I can
finally put the 15x8s up front. Anyways, I can take the front discs off
and all, but how do you change out the studs? I am guessing you knock 'em
out with a hammer, then put the new ones in. Except the studs I bought are
press in studs. Any tricks to getting them to "press in" easily???

THANKS A BUNCH!!!

You just beat the old studs out of the rotor then you need to get a few flat
washers and a regular lug nut.Put the washers over the stud and put the flat
side of the nut to the washers and pull the studs in place.You will need
about four washers to clear the shoulder on the stud.I used this trick to
change out some rear studs on my truck.

Good Luck

Roderic
98 4x4 CC 5.2L