Re: MSD 6A Installed

From: brock skoloda (glock2340@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 17:30:49 EDT

-> How easy/hard was it to install??? I am still
> debating on getting the
> 6A/Offroad 6A for my V6 4WD Dak; overall you like it
> though?? I am currently
> running Borg Warner brass cap&rotor, Champion Truck
> Plugs, Accel Super Coil,
> and MSD 8.5MM Super Conductor wires, and I think I
> could really benefit from
> the 6A ignition. Could you maybe do a quick write up
> on the installation on
> it(like how does it get wired into the truck)???
> Thanks for any info.
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Installation was very easy. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to do. The
wiring is simple, positive to battery or selanoid, negative, and you
need to splice the wire that goes into the stock coil (green orange +,
and black/grey -). Unfortunately I could not find an adaptor for
Chrysler, MSD has one for GM, so I had to cut the wire. The
instructions you get with the unit has a wiring diagram specific to
late model Dodge vehicles. The hardest part of the installation was
getting the spark plugs out to open up the gap (got a few bloody
knuckles). I mounted the unit itself on the fender where the air box
was.

I'm by no means a mechanic or an electrician so if I can do it I'm sure
anyone can.

Eric