Re: Attn: All MSD haters!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 23:34:25 EDT

flyboy01@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I am going to find out once and for all if the MSD really does help or not.

 Next wednesday I will take my truck to the track again and will try it with
and without the MSD. I plan on installing a switch to make the switch easier.

 I can tell you one thing though, the MSD does make a big difference on the
street! I noticed increased top end pull, better milage, quicker starting,
and a faster rev when you "blip" the throttle.

 It seems that everyone who runs nitrous hates the MSD? Are you resetting the
computer before the comparison? That can make a difference. And yes, I will
reset the computer before testing with and without. I will keep the MSD for
street use even if the times are slower with it. >>

Mark

I don't think you can do it with just a switch. I have mine set up with a
switch but also added a relay, too many wires for one switch. I could dig out
the diagram and get it to you if you need it. I had lost .2 to .3 from the
previous year and the only change was the msd. So I tried it both ways lose
.2 and 2 mph with the msd. I have done it many times, I hope yours helps that
would be great All I am trying to do by sharing my experiences is save some
one else the grief and money. I also witnessed a similar results with a 96
Dak with a Jacobs Pro Street. I seen the guy make 3 runs and then helped him
change evrything back to stock and got his loss back. Another DMLer had
similar results with a Jacobs but did his checking with a G-Tech, took it off
got his performance back and sent it back to them but at about a $100 cost.

This why I suggested you try it both ways, I am really curious as to if it
still turns out the same way. MSD gave some things to try but none worked.
The only reason I have it on there is to be able to run the MP computer with
Juice. With the msd and a retard box I can kick the timing back. I also
noticed less power on hills and inpassing. I have one particular hill that I
go up everytime I go to the track. Without the MSD I hit it at 60 mph at the
bottom and can clear the top without it shifting down at all. With the MSD
99% of the time it would shift down. ???????????????

Bill