Dent Removal

From: Heather - Dakota Girl (hm15233@nyssa.swt.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 00:48:06 EDT

Ok, now here is something I have experience doing.

Removing Dents

No, I'm not a bad driver, we just get hail storms here once in a while.

It's gonna cost you $5, patience and a towel (hair dryer maybe needed if not hot enough outside).

Take your $5 (may cost more in other states) and go to your local ice house, or grocery store that sells Dry Ice. (use gloves to hold ice, it will burn you)

Take your hair dryer if not REALLY HOT outside and carefully warm the spot up that has a dent (of course LARGE DENTS are not fixed this way) Make it so it's hot to the touch. take your towel, and use as a barrier between your truck and the dry ice. place the dry ice directly on top of the spot that is dented. Doing this a few times MIGHT get the dents out. The reason it does this is the expansion and retraction process. the heat shrinks, and the ice expands, causing the dent to actually "pop" back out. I did this to the hood of a friends truck about 4 yrs ago after a bad hail storm. For the most part, you couldn't tell it got dented (pitted) by the storm.

Quick fix and worth a shot before taking it in to a shop to have them suck your pocket dry.

Heather & Lonestar
98 Dak Sport Baby
Intensely Bluetiful
15K miles