Big Dakota Win!

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 20:26:30 EDT

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd fill you in one the recent Central Ontario 4x4 Club's
"Snowball Rally '99" on Sunday March 21. Unfortunately, Jason and I didn't
make it to this one, but the good news is: This year's winner was a nearly
new (don't know what year, but I'm guessing '99) totally stock, red Dodge
Dakota. We haven't seen this truck so I can't say if it was a V6 or V8,
Club Cab or Regular, but we had to share this news.

Apparently, 78 4x4's started in the "fun rally", 22 didn't finish (one being
a Dodge Ram, also 6 YJ's, a CJ7, and numerous brand X's). Only one other Dak
was in the rally and placed 33rd. 3 reported problems occurred for the
winner - lost the front license plate & holder (but returned by a fellow
rallier), needed help digging out the front tow hooks (we all know that the
placement of tow hooks on our Daks can't be helped but set further back
rather than in plain view as the Jeeps have), and a smoking clutch resulting
in stall outs.

Still, finishing first, even having experienced all these drawbacks.... says
a helluva lot for the Dakota.

Oh, by the way.... did I mention that the winning Dakota was the only "all
female team" in the group (both driver and navigator). Let's hear it for
women that drive Dakotas!!!!! YEEHAW!!!! Ok, guys too. :)

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd