V6 track times and Flowmaster info

From: SmokinDakota (smokindakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 02:10:56 EDT

Hey all,

Got back from Carlsbad raceway and boy was it fun. It was nice seeing you
all again(Gary, Scott, Sam, Bruce & Leo). I am anxiously awaiting for the
next time. This was my first time at the track so my first couple of runs I
made some mistakes. My first run was against Gary, and well I revved the
engine to high and got no traction of the line and for some reason had to
force it into second. My time was 18.9 @ 80mph. Did I beat you Mike D.? :)
My second run, I found myself starring at the green light and ended up with
a 17.4 @ 79mph. My third and final run was the best of the three. I was up
against Gary again and it was neck and neck the whole way. I ended up with a
16.9 @ 80mph. Gary ended up with a 17.1 @ 80mph. But Gary had the best time
of the 2 of us. . . 16.8 @ 81mph. Gary, Did you improve on this after I
left? All in all, it was a blast. Can't wait till next time.

Also, Gary was running a 3 chamber Flowmaster with 3" pipes and I was
running a 2 chamber with the stock pipes. To me, they sounded identical. The
3 chamber might have been a couple of dB's lower, but not noticeable at all.
As for which setup, works best. . . I don't know if that will ever be
settled. . . to be continued.

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL Instant Message = SmknDakTrk