RE: RE: Swiftrapids 4x4 ride

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 07:21:05 EDT

> Its a good feeling to have a truck that takes abuse like a shrug of the
> shoulders. One thing to watch out for if you go through the jeep
> trails..Make sure there is room to turn around :) I drove bacwards on the
> trail for 15 min to the last fork because it was impossible to turn around
> because our daks are real big on the small trails. It did great though,
> especailly having LSD leading through the washouts etc.. It would be great
> to have LSD in the front!
>
> Joel
>
> http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm

We were following a full-size Chevy in. I figured anywhere he would fit, we
would fit. It was pretty tight in spots, though. There was one turn where
he had to rub up against the side bank of the mud hole and just let it shove
his rear end around. We got over to the side and made a couple of point
turn to get a better angle at it. Norah and I both realized that the
regular cab truck would be a better one to build up as a serious off-roader,
since the wheelbase is quite a bit shorter.

See my last post regarding front LSD... I'll have to do some more research
and see what I can come up with.

Jason Bleazard
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd