RE: NV3500 Shifter

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 16:41:09 EDT

       I have a friend whose business includes CNC machining high
performance parts, such as roller rockers and stud girdles. He would be
interested in manufacturing short throw shifters for the NV3500 5 speed if
there is enough of a market. I would envision something like the B&M Ripper
design for T5 trannies, with a CNC billet aluminum cover and a bolt on steel
lever. I need to get some feel for what the potential market would be, and
what people would be willing to pay. Anyone who would be interested in this
product please email me directly, and let me know what you think a fair
price would be. I also need to get a stock top cover/shifter assembly to
reverse engineer the design from. I'm not yet willing to take my '98 out of
service to do this, so if anyone has an extra trans or shifter that they
would loan to me for the design, let me know.

  I would be interested in a short shifter for my 3500. Check out Jon's web
page on his shortened shifter he made. I believe it does has the thread size
for the shaft.

  Greg
  95 DSCC v6 5spd