NV3500 Shifter

From: Davis Jensen (davisjensen@loop.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 16:11:31 EDT

DML'ers
    I have a friend whose business includes CNC machining high performance parts, such as roller rockers and stud girdles. He would be interested in manufacturing short throw shifters for the NV3500 5 speed if there is enough of a market. I would envision something like the B&M Ripper design for T5 trannies, with a CNC billet aluminum cover and a bolt on steel lever. I need to get some feel for what the potential market would be, and what people would be willing to pay. Anyone who would be interested in this product please email me directly, and let me know what you think a fair price would be. I also need to get a stock top cover/shifter assembly to reverse engineer the design from. I'm not yet willing to take my '98 out of service to do this, so if anyone has an extra trans or shifter that they would loan to me for the design, let me know.

                           - Dave Jensen
                            davisjensen@loop.com
                            Flame Red '98 CC sport, 5.2l 5 spd,3.9:1, Sermatech coated Leach headers, Edelbrock 3" muffler exiting in front of right rear, lousy gas mileage