Re: performance gains?

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 07:33:39 EDT

Densteadt, James wrote:

> Does anyone know any details about the vortech supercharger for the R/T?
> What kind of performance can I expect? Has anyone used one yet? How much
> boost and what was the cost? Thanks!
>
> James Densteadt
> 98 R/T CC
Hey, didn't someone get a Kenne Bell S/C and computer? I was wondering
how it works on a Dakota compared to the Durango (SP version). It should
be VERY fast, and it's a specific vehicle application. Who was that
anyway?
On the S/C subject, yesterday at TX Motorplex they held a muscle car
club race. My friend entered his Vette, but I didn't race. Anyway, there
was a lowered '95 Dakota, wild flame paint job, w/5.9 auto and a Paxton
S/C, Tranny/Rear end from an R/T, ET slicks etc...
He dialed a 13.20, and was able to run quicker. It was super cool to
watch it run, reminded me of the ever popular Buick GN/T-type. Super
quiet woosh up the track with a blower whine mixed in.
I'd love to have a workable S/C setup, but then again, I'd rather go
13's on the motor and save the money(3,500+).
                                                     Alan
S.