Problem with Auto trans...

From: Christopher Reck (creck@ais.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 20:36:58 EDT

Besides the obvious mistake.... :-)

OK, I'm driving along at 60 MPH or so, when the lane opens up. I hit the
gas to avoid merging traffic and get up to 70-75 MPH. I then let off the
gas completely to avoid getting too close to the person in front of me. The
engine will not downshift/upshift ??? for another 2-3 seconds later.

I know this is not normal and was wondering what type of problem I have and
how to explain it to the dealer so they fix it right away. I think it has
something to do with the trans...

Also, while I'm driving, I get a vibration under my left foot that is pretty
constant. Could the gears be going bad already?

I have only 3500 miles on it and I drove it easy the first 1k. Any ideas?

Chris
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst