RE: NASCAR style rims for Dakota

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 21:57:58 EDT

> The rim is a very glossy black (enamel-like) with 1/8"
> blue and 1/8" red pin stripes going around the part
> of the rim where the tire bead fits. There are 10
> 'rectangular-like' holes around the rim. The outer
> edge of the 'rectangle' part with rounded corners and
> the inner part is hole is more of a circular design.

Bob, is this the rim?
http://www.americanracing.com/wheelinfo/specs.asp?model=AR-767

They don't have our bolt pattern listed on the site, but I'm hoping they've
recently decided to start making it. I've been wanting a set of those since
I first saw them about four years ago (even before I actually had the Dak).
Gotta love the Darth Vader look :-).

After our off-road adventure, Norah and I have been talking about different
tires for the '98. A couple of guys there ran regular tires on the street
but had big aggressive mud tires mounted on cheap steel rims that they
switched to before hitting the trail.

Hmmm....

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@home.com Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto