Re: NASCAR style rims for Dakota

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 15:59:53 EDT

>Any Pics?

Not yet. They're in the garage right now. I can take
a pic in the next copy of days, scan it in and send
as an e-mail attachment (jpeg) if anyone is interested.

The rim is a very glossy black (enamel-like) with 1/8"
blue and 1/8" red pin stripes going around the part
of the rim where the tire bead fits. There are 10
'rectangular-like' holes around the rim. The outer
edge of the 'rectangle' part with rounded corners and
the inner part is hole is more of a circular design.

>Is there a difference between the these rims and the
>pre '97 rims? I did not know they deviated from the
>6x4.5 bolt pattern.

The 15x8 rim has a 6x4.5 bolt pattern and 5" backspacing.
I believe AR calls them 'stock car' rims.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto.