Engine problems? Help?

From: A5LTRETR@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 21:01:24 EDT

Well all I went to the track (Silver Dollar Raceway) to see how the truck is
running with the new mods vs. last years times. BIG PROBLEMS...
Last years best run:
14.07 @ 103.9 mph

Friday's 3 runs:
R/T .948 (ZZZZ-ZZZZ)
1/8 10.043 @ 77.95mph
1/4 15.104 @ 97.95mph

R/T .703 (ZZ-ZZ)
1/8 11.120 @ 49.37 ***
1/4 21.008 @ 42.71

R/T .526 (finally woke up)
1/8 10.926 @ 65.75 ***
1/4 16.524 @ 90.84

*** This is where I need help:
Off the line the truck was doing fine. First gear was strong. Second gear
hit hard and I had some wheel hop but when the wheel hop ocurred the engine
just up and cut off on me. I still had it in gear and after about 1.5 second
it started back up, thus explaining the 22 second run as I just eased it down
the track. After that it was fine, until the second run when it happened
again.
The new mods were and MSD 6AL, MSD 8.5mm. wires, and reprogrammed superchips
computer.
Any ideas of what is going on?
-Blaine
95' 5.2 charged