Re: Air Filter-from another 97 v6 owner

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 12:48:29 EDT

Airaid, K&N, and several others make the tube kits.

Don't even worry about puddles...we drove through a (almost) 2 foot deep
stream while "playing around" and it didn't even get wet. You need to
remember that you DON'T "plow through" a big puddle...you use your head and
drive nice and mellow.

At 07:54 AM 04/13/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Is K&N the only manufacturer of tube/filter kits out there?
>
>The cheapest I can get a K&N FIPK in my area is $180 -- Can I get it
>cheaper online or mail order?
>
>How much of a concern is water causing damage once you replace the stock
>box with an open filter?? (If you plow through puddles and small
>streams on occassion.)
>
>Johnny Z
>97 Dak - No Engine Mods

Bernd D. Ratsch