Re: EGR Valve/ Resetting light?

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 16:54:40 EDT

If I remember correctly, there is a 9v battery under the dash by the steering wheel. I'm not sure if it is still like this, but it was in the past. All you have to do is pull the battery and re-install it, like burping the computer. Not 100% here, so I guess this is my $0.099.

Joe

>>> <Jetmugg@aol.com> 04/13 4:18 PM >>>

I currently have over 120K miles on my '92 CC/ 318, all with the original EGR
valve. When the light came on for the first time at 60K, I took the EGR off,
cleaned it with carburetor solvent, and put it back on. Then I had the
dealer re-set the light for me ( I think it cost me $35 for the re-set).
Does anyone out there know what it takes to re-set the light? Not that I
don't want to spend the money, but if we can share some info here, I think we
can all save.

SteveM.