Re: Important questions on any perf part that increases airflow

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 14:30:19 EDT

You are right, WOT doesn't use O2 sensor. It only uses look-up tables.
Almost all FI engines are too rich at WOT. The factory would rather lower
power output than burn pistons etc. There is alot of room for more air to our
engines as long as you stay away from blowers, nitrous and major mods(big
heads and cams). How much is too much??? Who knows. If you're in the grey zone
you could get one of those Rich/lean indicators that run off of the O2 sensor.
Dr. Pat