Re: Dak Accident takes a horrible turn

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 12:04:08 EDT

>Well folks, my Dak days may be up. That Expedition that I hit filed an
>insurance claim today.

Tell your insurance company immediately!!!!! You had mentioned that you
were just going to pay them off for the damage to their vehicle but thats
all over now. This is what insurance is for. They have lawyers that will
make sure the other peoples claim is valid. You may have to give statements
and possibly testify but for the most part its out of your hands. As an
aside, the most important thing you can do in an accident situation is to
find/have witnesses. I was deposed in an accident case I witnessed five
years after it happened. People become unscrupulous when money is involved
and the Last thing you want is your word against theirs with no
corroboration.