Air Bag Light on--Help

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 11:10:32 EDT

To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 1999 10:32 PM
Subject: DML: Air Bag Light on--Help

> The other day, I was driving my Dak up in the mountains (towing a
few dirt
> bikes)
> and as I was goin down a dirt road, I noticed the light was on. Has
anyone
> else
> had this happen?? Please tell me your cures, fixes, etc. I'm goin
nuts
from
> lookin at it!!! I want to avoid going to the local dealer, as there
service
> is beyond horrible.

If you air-bag light is glowing brightly, it's telling you that
something is wrong with it....ie, it may not work. Probably a good
idea to get it checked out.

Pulling the fuse (ie. disabling the airbag) is not a great idea from
the liability point of view.

Mine has glowed very, very dimly (can only see it at night) from the
day I bought the truck. Chrysler techs say there is nothing the
matter.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com
Victoria, B.C.