catlytic converter off- no light

From: Aaron (acolona@i-55.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 21:13:52 EDT

okay, I'm confused. I just went over to my friends house who has a 98 v6.
Another guy he knows was there with a 99 R/T. They both just cut the cats
off and put a piece of pipe where it was. They didn't mess with the sensors
anything. Cranked um up and the check engine light never came on. The guy
with the six cranked his up with the cat before he put the pipe there to see
what it would sound like and the light didn't come on. I have 99 5.2 and I
want to do this too. Before I do, is this normal or is something going on to
mess up the truck behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Aaron Colona
99 red cc 5.2 manual