Read why Dakota has problems

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 21:30:00 EDT

Fellow Daksters,

Now I can understand why the Dakota has been plaged with so many problems.
You cannot build a quality truck high on grass and cocaine. BTW, I am in
digest mode. Please reply to me privately.

Gene
99 RT
95 SLT

Go to this URL for a full color display.
http://www.freep.com/business/qpot7.htm

HEADLINES....................
DaimlerChrysler plant workers charged with drug, other offenses
April 7, 1999

BY ALEX ROTH
Free Press Staff Writer

Seventeen employees at a DaimlerChrysler plant in Warren have been charged
with drug or other offenses after a 16-month investigation.

Most, if not all, worked on the assembly line at the Truck Assembly Plant, a
company spokesman said. Many face felony charges of selling marijuana.

A few face more serious drug charges, including selling cocaine, Warren
Police Detective Mark Fontaine said. One of the employees, William Sturkin,
45, of Detroit, could face up to 65 years in prison if convicted on charges
of selling heroin and cocaine, Fontaine said.

The investigation began after some workers complained about drug dealing at
the plant, prompting the company to hire a private investigative firm and to
call police, Fontaine said.

Investigators sent in an operative to buy drugs undercover at the plant,
Fontaine said.

In addition to those arrested on drug charges, two were charged with stealing
stereos from the plant and selling them to undercover police, and one was
charged with trying to sell a plant-security card, Fontaine said.

One person who is not connected to the company was also caught in the sting.
Twelve of those charged have been arrested, and police have obtained warrants
for the rest.

The plant employs 3,800 people, a company spokesman said.