Re: MSD 6A, 6-Offroad, or 5 Economy(LONG)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 00:32:16 EDT

<< I was just shopping at jegs and it seems you can get the MSD 6T for a few
 buck more than the 6A and vibration mounts. $147.99. Not too bad!

I talked to an MSD tech today, and I explained to him about choosing between
the 5, the 6A, and the 6-Offroad. The $200 6-Offroad has more features than I
could 'soup' up the $127 6A for. True, I could seal the box with watertight
silicon caulk and buy the $20 MSD Vibration Mounts. However, internally, the
components and circuits are totally vibration proof, in addition to the box
itself. Also, the internal parts are also waterproof if any any moisture was
to accumulate inside the box; this shouldn't really happen though if the box
itself is truely watertight. Just to play it safe, and not have to worry
about the box doing bad due to moisture/water, etc.(especially with MSD
warranty concerns)I am going with the 6-Offroad box. So, I am now looking to
find the cheapest 6-Offroad prices out there; so far it's Jeg's at
$199.99(#6470). Anyone know of a palce who sells it for less???????
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6