2wd spring over axle (was Velvet-ride Shackles)

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 09:19:10 EDT

Be careful with that one. Find anyone with a Jeep YJ or CJ who's ever done
what they call a "spring-over conversion". Don't know about the Dak, but on
Jeeps it's pretty involved. I don't remember all of the details, but they
have to worry about the brake lines, driveshaft, etc. I've read that it's
cheaper to buy a lift kit than move the axle under the springs (of course,
this might be only because Jeep lift kits are so damned cheap).

Jason