Re: Re: Velvet-ride Shackles

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 22:07:56 EDT

No...they fit 97-up Daks.

I was just looking at the schematics of the 4WD vs. 2WD Daks and I found
something interesting (along with some help from the dealer)...

The Part numbers are ALL the same except for the Spring Mounts (U-Bolts and
brackets)...I also noticed that the 4WD use a "Reversed Spring"
configuration that can be easily adapted to the 2WD Daks for an extra
approximate 3" lift! (All you have to do is reverse the pring shackles and
purchase the 4WD Spring Mounts and U-Bolts.)

This could get fun!