Re: Yeah, I got Spanked by a state trooper!

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 09:39:07 EDT

My philosophy is always contest a ticket. What do you have to lose?? The ticket will not go up. At best it could be dropped but usually it can be lowered. Remember you where getting out of his way..... As you can tell I have a lot of experience with this. If your lucky the cop might piss off the judge, and all of that officers tickets for the day might be thrown out. This has happen twice to me.

Good luck and fight,
Joe D

>>> <BoogYT1300@aol.com> 04/14 11:49 PM >>>
As the title said, I got busted.
Yesterday I was on my way home from work and this car came right up on me. I
guess he kept a legal distance, but as we approached a red light, he came
right up on my arse, and stayed there. That annoyed me. There were two cars
in front of the light and as we accelerated, he was on my bumper the whole
time. As I approached the speed limit he put some distance between us. His
car looked like a cadillac. No antennas, lights or anything. As we
approached the next intersection, the road split into two lanes and guess
what; we both were first at the light. He was in plain clothes and the car
still looked stock GM.
So, my stupidity set in and when the light turned, I hit it and chirped that
boisterous right tire and took him off the line.
THis is where I F@*ked up. I accelerated and he was right there in the
spanktervision . I should have realized that he was pacing me. I soon as I
hit 65 I let off and was gonna take it down to 50 MPH.
Thats when the lightshow started and I went to the curb. Wow, I still feel
incredibly stupid.
After the formalities, he gives me a ticket for doing 61 in a 45 ( I was over
65 MPH according to my Dak) and a warning for spinning tire. $70.00
Given all Ive heard about getting cought drag racing, I think I got off easy.
 He was off duty though, and was on my arse for a while. Dammit that just
pisses me off.
I want to contest this but I know I shouldnt. I was the one that took off
like a bat out of hell. This is the first tik I've had in a long time. Does
anyone know how many points you get for doing 16 over?

Sorry to sober up the list, but be careful, you never know who's next to you.
At least I'll get some good gas milage out of this.:0(..
TTYL
Boog