Re: Are cops above the law ?

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 12:39:57 EDT

<snipped it all>

similar incidents happen to me quite often driving
back and forth from Asheville to Raleigh, NC.. A
Haywood County Deputy was tailgating me at around
75mph (in a 65), I let him by and fell in behind him
at a safe distance. I followed this deputy (marked
car, in uniform) at speeds well in excess of 90-100
mph for well over 100 miles. After we went through
some curvy sections, he left me which irritated me, so
I decided to call the State Patrol to report his
actions (hipocritical, I know), they said that there
was nothing that they could do, as he was probably on
official business...

I think I'll go into law enforcement so that I can
race on public roads and be legal about it :)
===
Jon Smith -- NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.908@85.79)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers
//come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4