Re: Re: All Magnum 318 owners.

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 13:15:11 EDT

I had a similar problem on my '97 V6 Dak.

Here's what I did:

(1) Cleaned up the top of the Throttle Body (Requires some cutting and
grinding)
(2) Removed the idle adjuster plug and set the idle to 800RPM (At Idle - Warm)
(3) Installed "Booster Bolts" from MPI
(4) Readjusted the TPS

Idles almost "Dead-nuts" at 800 no matter what I was doing either before or
after driving.

I've seen the same problem on my co-workers 5.2L '98 "Automatic" Dak and we
did the same things (except for the Booster Bolts). Same results.

Hope this helps...

At 11:02 AM 04/15/1999 -0600, you wrote:

>> I would like to pose a question to all the Magnum 318 owners. I have a 99 =
>> 5.2l 4x4 5 spd, and when I come to a stop the idle bounces a bit. Of =
>> course the clutch is in so it is actually in neutral. The dealer saw this =
>> happen, but there is no codes and I have the latest and greatest PCM =
>> software. So I ask the following:
>>
>> 1) Any other 5spd DAk owners have this problem? Any auto owners experience =
>> this?
>
>One bounce to about 750 rpm's then back down to 600 or so.
>Very normal. Tranny is NV-3500. Runs great, no dealers have
>touched it yet.....!!! =)
>
>GS -
>
>98 5.2L 5spd

Bernd D. Ratsch