Re: RE: Re: Hedman headers?

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 13:15:46 EDT

> No reason, unless someone finnaly makes a long
> tube header to fit-than
> everything changes!
> Why won't somebody ante up and make one? They
> would have a monopoly on the
> market.
> I'm still steamed about it!
> Tom(11s dak)

The Mike Leach / Doug Thorley headers are going to
be the closest anyone comes to long tube headers.
The performance gains on both torque and hp are more
'streetable' than a true long-tube header. On my '95 SLT the Doug
Thorley Tri-Y designed headers; each exhaust 'tube' was the same
length. My driver's side had a wild wrap around to miss (kinda) the
steering turn knuckle... These to me are the best headers made.
My experience with the Mike Leach headers (for the RT and for 5.2L
Dakotas) are nearly identical, with less wild tube twists/turns (I.E.
"A better fit")...
$450 something with shipping for a setup that is
'A' smog legal, and 'B' a great performer.

Along with a good CAT back setup, it'll really make the
entire package a 'tuned' exhaust.

Sam '99 RT x 2