Re: Are cops above the law ?

From: Eric Rhyder (rhyder@email.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 14:01:29 EDT

<snipped it all too :) >

A similar incident happened to me a couple of years back as I was crossing the
Chesapeake (sp?) Bay bridge. It was raining and very foggy out (about 2am.)
I'm cruising across the bridge at the speed limit (55mpg I believe.) I never
speed in the rain anyway, my car has a tendency to hydroplane.

Well, about halfway across, the car come up on my rear, tailgating at about
15feet. So, I speed up to 65-70 to get away from the idiot. Well, as I get
across the bridge into Virginia, it turns out this guy was a State Trooper and
proceeds to pull me over.

He comes up to my car and says, "Do you know you were speeding back there?" My
response was, "Do you know you were F'in tailgating me?" He proceeds to tell
me that he's going to write me a ticket for speeding. I then told him I wanted
to speak to his patrol supervisor (as far as I know, if you request to speak to
him, they have to let you, I could be mistaken here.) Anyway, he tells me I
don't have to do that, and he'll let me go with a warning. I told him to go to
hell and took off. He never did follow after me. :)

Eric