Re: Re: Dak Accident takes a horrible turn

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 22:01:59 EDT

Some people see an opportunity to make money off of your misfortune. My son hit
Dodge omni in the rear with his 95 firebird. There was NO visible damage to
either car! He was moving at only a walking pace when he bumped the other car.
All 4 occupants of the Omni claimed total disability and sued for the money they
might have earned for the rest of their lives were they not now disabled! This
was a farce but each person in the car did get 20,000 each. My son, then 23
insurance went up 28.00 per month because of that claim. When I was rearended
in my 98 Dak by a woman who knocked my truck completely across an intersection
with my foot on the brake which did cause my wife and myself considerable neck
and back pain got off with repairs to my truck, 1/2 my medical expenses, none of
my wife's medical expenses and 5,000 in my pocket which is what it cast me to
trade my 98 spore for my 99 R/T. Sometimes life just ain't fair.

> Subject: DML: Dak Accident takes a horrible turn
>
> >Well folks, my Dak days may be up. That Expedition that I hit filed an
> >insurance claim today, claiming personal injury to the driver and to the
> >passenger(a baby)
> >Is it possible to get whiplash(the only conceivable injury I could imagine
> >from this) in a tank(Expedition) @ 10 mph? If they had injuries, shouldnt I
> >have? Also, she had time to brace for the impact b/c she even said she saw
> >me coming in her rear view mirror. I cant believe this is happening to me.
> >Its not like these people need the money or anything..she drives a 98
> >Expedition and him a 99 Z-71 Pickup. Any advice?

Not much you really can do!