Re: Sand (Tom)Rules!

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 22:03:37 EDT

fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:

> I couldn't take it anymore so I took the afternoon off, screamed down to the
> Cape (Cod, as in Mass), and picked up my over sand permit from the National
> Park Service... It's PISSAH!!!!! I cruised along the BEAUTIFUL coastline,
> checked out the lighthouse and on the way back I sat and watched a bunch of
> whales broaching the surface in the afternoon sun... It was awesome!
>
> This smells like a summer DML meet to me! If you like to fish, bring your
surf
> casting gear, if you like to lounge in the sun and sip pina coladas, bring
your
> suntan lotion; and I figure somebody's gotta' have a volleyball net! They
> offer weekly over sand permits and I figure there will be enough 4x4's to
haul
> all the people, beer, grill and supplies. There are a bunch of motels,
hotels,
> inns and the like but availability may be an issue. There are also a
couple of
> campgrounds on the cape if we want to go that way as I figure one day ain't
> gonna' cut it.

Tom,
Just curious, since I have never really went 4wheelin on a beach or in very
sandy conditions(other than very dry, 'sandy' cornfields), did you have to
air your tires down at all? Was there any traction problems? What kind of
tires are you running(Not that I would switch, just am curious! )? Thanks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; Dunlop Radial Rover RV's
103,500 miles