Re: Re: Spark plugs

From: DTran (daotran@uci.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 10:52:35 EDT

since they're so highly recommended by everyone on the dml, i've been
trying to find the msd 8.5mm spark plug wires to go with the champion truck
plugs for my 97 v6 dak. pep boys told me that there are no msd wires for 97
v6 dak. i would have to buy the msd universal kit and modify. is this true
or is this just so cal ignorance? after reading all the info on the dml,
i'm looking forward to trying out the new plugs and wires. btw, i also
bought the 180 heavy duty stat, with gasket (per instruction), and will put
everything, i guess except for the wires, this weekend. almost forgot, what
should i gap the champion plugs? thanx for all the guidance. i'm
enlightened.

>Not really...If you're running an MSD Setup, do NOT use Platinums. If you
>thinking about the Bosch Platinum +4's...don't bother. Too many on the DML
>have already returned them for their money back. Splitfire, Champion Truck
>PLug, NGK, all good plugs...personal preference.

-dao
daotran@uci.edu