Re: Re: Spark plugs

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 11:03:40 EDT

You can either use the V8 "Super Conductor" set from MSD (8.5MM) or create
your own custom wires (what I did) so that they lay all over the place in
the engine compartment. Either one is fine.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)

> since they're so highly recommended by everyone on the dml, i've been
> trying to find the msd 8.5mm spark plug wires to go with the champion
truck
> plugs for my 97 v6 dak. pep boys told me that there are no msd wires for
97
> v6 dak. i would have to buy the msd universal kit and modify. is this true
> or is this just so cal ignorance? after reading all the info on the dml,
> i'm looking forward to trying out the new plugs and wires. btw, i also
> bought the 180 heavy duty stat, with gasket (per instruction), and will
put
> everything, i guess except for the wires, this weekend. almost forgot,
what
> should i gap the champion plugs? thanx for all the guidance. i'm
> enlightened.
>
> >Not really...If you're running an MSD Setup, do NOT use Platinums. If
you
> >thinking about the Bosch Platinum +4's...don't bother. Too many on the
DML
> >have already returned them for their money back. Splitfire, Champion
Truck