Re: Re: Spark plugs

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 11:51:08 EDT

<< since they're so highly recommended by everyone on the dml, i've been
 trying to find the msd 8.5mm spark plug wires to go with the champion truck
 plugs for my 97 v6 dak. pep boys told me that there are no msd wires for 97
 v6 dak. i would have to buy the msd universal kit and modify. is this true
 or is this just so cal ignorance? after reading all the info on the dml,
 i'm looking forward to trying out the new plugs and wires. btw, i also
 bought the 180 heavy duty stat, with gasket (per instruction), and will put
 everything, i guess except for the wires, this weekend. almost forgot, what
 should i gap the champion plugs? thanx for all the guidance. i'm
 enlightened.

I have MSD's 8.5MM Super Conductors on my Dak(V6), and I just ordered from
Summit the wires that are meant for the 94-97 V8 Ram, just have 2 spares in
the tool box. MSD parts number for these are #32189. I didnt want to try to
make my own wires, so I just ordered the V8 set. These are great wires, MSD
makes a good product. I would just gap your plugs at what it says to gap them
at; suggested for 93 V6 Daks is .035. No need to really opne it up unless you
are also running an aftermarket ignition box, such as the MSD 6A, etc. I am
currently running the MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Borg Warner Select brass
cap&rotor, Accel Super Coil, and Champion Truck Plugs. I love this setup, but
in the very near future, to cap my ignition mods off, I will add MSD's
6-Offroad ignition box.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6