RE: Re: RE: Ping ping ping

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 13:57:24 EDT

And I say, Hmmm,
When my JET II acts up I have gotten the following symptoms:
1.Rough idle when cold
2. No idle, hot or cold with flashing MIL
3. High speed miss with virtually full cut out at 4500+rpm
4. Minor pinging
All symptoms were corrected when the JET was yanked (with prejudice) from my
PCM. I have since etched the pins, increased clearance between the module
and my airbox, and protected it from water incursion. the results:
I only get a rough idle on some cold wet mornings...
IMO, a JET failure in the connector as opposed to a hard failure of the PIC
microprocessor inside the JETcan cause any number of funky symptoms
depending on which pins get hosed... with the JET, I take nothing for
granted!
BKB