Tweedle Dum and Middle Management....

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 18:12:54 EDT

This morning I ran across two of the more typical Charlotte drivers. Let's
call driver # 1, "TweedleDum" (TD for short). TD was driving a red Nissan
4-banger with cheap chrome wheels. He pulled up beside me at the light and
when it turned green, he revves the engine, chirps the tires and smiles at
me. Being rushhour traffic I smile back and let him go. He paces me for the
next mile, where we both meet an 90-something Buick stationwagon with maybe
a sixer powering it. We'll call THIS winner "MiddleManager" (MM for short)
MM is driving 25 in a 45mph zone and holding up about thirty cars. Traffic
is so thick that I just stay behind this guy rather than risk trying to
change lanes. (I'm not in a hurry, I'm going to work! LOL)
Just before the freeway onramp, TD gets a chance and cuts me off with about
an inch to spare. As soon as TD and MM get on the ramp (two lanes for a
while) I pull out to pass and am again cut off by TD. <Sigh>
MM, seeing his masculinity challenged, decided that noone gets past him and
steps on it?. It's neck and neck onto the freeway. TD managed to get there
first and slips into the fast lane. MM gets stuck in the slow lane and I am
on the feeder. As I pull abreast of MM, he steps on it again! I can see him
concentrating like mad, his foot down and his eyes on my front bumper.
I easily pass this guy and get in front of him as the feeder ends. MM
decides to punish me by tailgating at 65-70mph?? What's a guy to do? I step
on the brakes! I am glad this guy has decent reflexes (though I immediately
floor it in case he doesn't!) Did I say decent reflexes?? He loses control,
slides off the road and onto the shoulder, ending up facing the wrong way?
no damage except to his pride.
Some people's kids??

Not a spank, not even close, but some poetic justice is sometimes better
:-)

Preacher
99 5.2L CC 4x4 SLT+
http://www.bastaards.org
ICQ #35528458
My website is NOT under construction..... it's Evolving....