Re: Paint on fiberglass question

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 23:06:27 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/99 8:25:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tommyv@thecia.net writes:

<< My whole
 truck is getting re-painted in a couple weeks and I have a New PROGLASS Hood
 and a LUND roll pan that are Fiberglass! >>
I wouldnt worry about it. I've already got April 30-May3rd off from work and
Im going to finally make that hood. Im going to clay it up, then make the
mold etc etc. If the fiberglass job is done properly then air wont be in the
part. Its not necessarily a chemical reaction that produces the air pockets
to "pop". Its a bad layup job! If glass ain't laid properly you'll have
air. "Hot" layups can cause that too, but the paint isnt attacking it and
creating air. Just my experience. =0)
Eric K