Re: Re: Z28 Confrontation

From: HrtbeatZ28@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 17 1999 - 09:17:07 EDT

I agree. There is no basis for an argument on this one. I could be wrong, but
in all the posts on the DML I'm the only person that owns both that I've
seen. Have a 1993 Z28 Coupe and a 1999 R/T CC. I personally don't think they
are in the same class. Sure you can go heads up for the fun of it, but you
have to admit they are two very different animals. My Z28 ran 14.1 @ 99 mph
with about 450 miles on it. The window sticker was $20,304 and loaded with
options. It now sits in my garage covered up and only comes out in blue sky
and sunshine. My R/T sticker was $24,370 also loaded; $4,066 difference in
price between them. Not much cash but two very different vehicles. I have not
run the R/T therefore I"m unable to make a comparison. But, the R/T is one
special truck and I absolutely love driving it! Between the two I'll use the
R/T for daily tasks, get me back and forth to work and scare the crap out of;
maybe 85% of the performance vehicles made today. As for the Z, I'll cruise
in the sunshine (on the day's I don't take the R/T) and look forward to the
next weekend when I make that decision of; which one do I drive today?
Lately, the R/T wins most of the time.

J.C.
93 Z28
99R/T CC Black