RE: cats of with no light

From: dakota_5sp_v8 (Dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 1999 - 12:49:15 EDT

Did you feel any more power after removing the cat? Note that just because
the MIL light didn't come on when you fired it up does not mean it doesn't
detect any problems. Here is why:
after my cat back was installed the mil was on. I reset my computer and
fired it. No more MIL. 10 miles later it was back on. The problem was, the
friggen muffler shop did not connect the O2 sensor.

Joel

http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm