changed to 180 thermostat & still pinging

From: AKM (akm@cinenet.net)
Date: Sun Apr 18 1999 - 02:27:52 EDT

It was a warm day today (85 to 90 deg). I swapped out my 190 with a 180. Didn't 'reset' the computer. It does run cooler according to the oem gauge (taken with a grain of salt). Once I got stuck in some city traffic the needle got very close to the midpoint. The fan clutch was locking up after each red light. Once I hit the freeway on ramp and punched it the marbles began to drop. This is with 89 octance. So I guess I'll need that new program downloaded into my computer and/or go with 92 octane.

AKM

'98 Dakota R/T (JBA, Transgo, ported T/B)
'89 Mustang GT (347, Vortech S-trim (intercooled), Griggs GR-40, etc.)