Mike Catlin Times VS K-B Whipplecharged RT

From: David Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 14:51:34 EDT

Mike those times are great!! I don't remember the extent of your mods, but I'm assuming this is not boosted or on N20? I just spent the weekend at the track here in WI and ran into a guy with a 99 R/T CC with the Kenne-Bell Supercharger, Optimizer box, headers (KB) and other goodies. His best run was in the 14.3's. We had overcast skies with intermittent sprinkles (low pressure/high humidity), but the air was cool (low 40's) and most vehicles were running decent times, so I don't think his issues were weather related. He's has the unit for about 6 months, so I don't think he's got any major bugs to work out. He was running 275/60/15 drag radials and seemed to be getting good bit (60 ft's were in the 1.9 range). I must say I was a little disappointed. He spent in excess of $4,000 and there are at least a few of you in the list with far less dollars in more conventional hop up parts that are running better. I would have a hard time buying one of these units based on what I saw.

On a brighter note, I ran a new best of 15.6 (previous was 16.1). I attribute most of the improvement to the TBI (thanks Bruce and Frank) although I also added MSD wires, brass cap and rotor and a JET Stage 2 chip (I gave up on MP).

David Rench
1997 2WD RC 5.2 Auto 3.55 SG