Re: Eclipse spank! -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 16:17:30 EDT

okay, right after I put a turbo on my dak, then I'll happily hunt down some
eclipses.. especially the heavier, slower AWD ones =)

these things CAN be fast, but stock and with some miles on them, they
just keep gettin' slower. I had a buddy that had one and he THOUGHT it
was fast untill a run-in with a Cobra that walked the dog on im'.. a
naturally aspirated Cobra at that... the car started deteriorating and got
the "mitsubishi blue" smoke out the back at about 60k... it was downhill
from there.. new turbo, new this, new that... he wrecked it about a week
later.. sometimes I think he did it to put the car out of it's misery =)

-mike d.

>>> Steve Jenkins <slick@columbus.rr.com> 04/14/99 09:51pm >>>
Uggghhh....sorry guys, I know you love your trucks, but I can prove that
this car is fast. It was probably only a 1.8L naturally aspirated. If
you want a real challenge, find an Eclipse GSX or GS-T, or a Talon TSI.
Then we'll talk....

;-)

Steve