Re: Resetting Computer?

From: MRoyal98@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 19:32:32 EDT

I've been told that you get a free can when you order the fuel magnet.

Actually, let me take this opportunity to apologize for picking on that
message about removing the negative cable on the battery. Just couldn't
resist.

 As I'm certain that many of you know, you should always remove the negative
ground cable first when disconnecting or removing a battery. Likewise, when
installing, connect the positive terminal first.
I learned this the hard way when I was a youngster. I had a 77 MGB
convertible and was re-installing a freshly charged battery. The battery is
located behind the passenger seat and a little difficult to get in/out.
Well, you can already guess where I' m going with this.
 I hooked up the negative cable first. Then, as I was connecting the
positive side, my wrench hit the car frame while tightening the terminal.
Big SPARK, Top of Battery flew off. Acid Everywhere, including on my face,
hands and T-Shirt. Fortunately, I was wearing glasses and the burn wasn't
serious. Canvas top, carpet, and t-shirt were ruined, however. I thanked my
stars and learned a lesson that I'll not forget.
Anyway, if you didn't know it before, please take my word for it. Negative
first when disconnecting, last when connecting back.

If you are resetting the computer, it sounds like you must add curses and/or
prayers.

Cheers,
Marion